Monday, January 2, 2017

Short but Sweet!

Hello Family and Friends!

This week my email has to be a little shorter due to the fact that I was just able to get on.  We got called into the office and had some things to do before Transfer Day this Wednesday so we just endured!!! 

Anyways, to be honest, this week we were swamped in the office.  I had a lot of things that I had to get done like ordering checks and depositing checks so that I could stay on the good side of our Landlords!  Due to this, I don't have to much to talk about, but I will say that I am very grateful for my companion.  He has been a tremendous help to me these past couple of cycles.  It is honestly awesome how similar we are to each other.  I will say this, its a blessing to have him in the car every time I drive because he helps me stay calm haha.  I kid you not, when you drive in the Philippines, one trip risks about 5 different close calls with other drivers.  That is why I have learned to be a careful driver and literally I think I may have eyes in the back of my head now!  Hahaha! 

This week for work we were able to visit Brother Jack.  He looks and is doing very well now.  He has expressed a sincere desire to be baptized, the only thing that he needs help with is getting his divorce papers in order but I am sure we will find a way!  We may not be the Elders to baptize him, but we can at least provide him with the way!  

The other day, I was reading in the bible in Proverbs and it said, "A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold."  I think that is a very important thing for us to remember as missionaries and members.  Everywhere we go, we leave our name there with those people, what kind of association do we want to have with our name, a good or bad one?  We make a good name for ourselves through our actions, our service to others, are attitude towards others, and our general love for everyone we come into contact with.  I was quite busy this week, but in whatever I did, I made sure to leave a good name with those people I came in contact with.  

I love you all and I will have lots and lots of pictures next week ok?  Sorry for this week,

Much love,

Elder Zach Warren


No comments:

Post a Comment