Sunday, October 11, 2015

Chicken Feet and Wild Monkeys?

Hello family!!!
Well this week was a little long for me, not gonna lie.  It could be due to the fact that I was sick for about 4 of the 7 days last week.  It wasn't too much fun but I am still alive now so it was good.  The other day some Sisters told me they felt bad for me because I look so thin.  On the bright side, they gave me free food so I can't complain too much. 
So as for this week.  I have not watched conference yet, and really I don't know when that will happen.  It wasn't even brought up this Sunday.  I feel like we are watching it this Sunday.  (So sorry mom, we actually weren't doing the same thing at the same time haha.)  As I was sick this week, I was able to read a ton of Liahonas and New Eras.  I also got through the entire nook of Genesis in one day.  It was super fun.  I think by the end of that day, I was a pro with the Bible.  I got pretty close to Elder Canencia though.  We talked a lot since it was just us two.  I really like him and I am super glad that he is my Trainer or Tatay.  I got weighed at the beginning of this week and was around 230 pounds, but I think I dropped a couple more since I kept getting sicker as the days progressed. 
In turns of investigators, we are super close with one.  If he keeps up obeying the Word of Wisdom, I could have my baptism in this next cycle!  I also had an interesting experience at a dinner this week.  We were served rice, beef stew, and chicken feet.  Now I was totally content just having rice and a little bit of beef stew, but my companion on the other hand...  He kept telling me that I need to at least try chicken feet, so of course he put one on my plate.  I have never had an urge to hit him before that moment.  He may have a black eye now though.  Anyways, there it was.  I knew I had to do it now, but I really didn't want to.  When I went to go take my first bite, the stupid fingers petted my face.  How ironic.  Being petted by my food.  I was more than happy to be done with that thing when I finished it.  Honestly it just tasted like the outside of a chicken.  It didn't have a lot of actual good meat on it because of course, its just a chicken foot.  I also saw my first wild monkey this week!  It was just sitting there outside our apartment.  Of course I got a picture of it!!!  It was super cool.  I also got another haircut this week.    
The work is going great along with the language.  I see more and more improvements everyday.  I just want to say I know that we are blessed as missionaries.  I have had many trials, but in the end, I have always received help right when I needed it.  With those blessings though, we need to do our part for the Lord.  Even though I was sick, I still made sure I tried to go do at least 2 lessons a day.  Now granted, some of those days, that probably wasn't the best thing for me to do, but I was glad I did it.  Now to answer your questions mom.  I do like my mission president.  He is super nice and pretty dang funny, but I have to say I love his wife too.  She has helped me through my long list of sicknesses.  I felt bad sometimes to text her because she probably has a lot of missionaries to deal with.  Although if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be taking the medications I need to be taking right now. 
I am glad to hear you guys are all doing well.  I love you guys and I just keep working hard so the time will fly by.  I can't wait for the day I get Taco Bell again.  I tell you what, its gonna be a long two years without any burritos...
Love you all,
Elder Warren

 Zach's Wild Monkey Pic... 
(sitting on a perch with a leash around his leg - hmmm)

No comments:

Post a Comment