Monday, October 26, 2015

Road Hazards and Liquid Golden Investigators

Hello everyone!  

So this week has been a very VERY long one haha.  To start off on a good note, mom I got your first package this Tuesday!  Sweet.  I have to say the Reeses were a great idea.  They tasted like liquid gold as well as the bottle caps, skittles, and the chocolate caramel things I don't remember the name of.  My companion also really enjoys his Christmas tie.  So much in fact, that it is the only tie he wears now...  Hahaha! 

So that is about it for the good.  Now for the interesting...  I got hit 2 times this week and almost a third time, but I barely avoided that one.  On Tuesday we were doing are weekly walk to MacDo for lunch after District meeting when a trike started coming down the street.  Now I was walking away from it towards the sidewalk, but it continued to come at me.  It ended up scraping up against my leg which left a little bruise.  I was not very happy and my anger boiled over a little bit so I yelled and told him he needed to go back to the DMV.  I think I scared a lot of drivers because now when I am in that area all of the drivers give me a wide distance.  Then the next day I had a near miss with another trike which was the same situation, but I jumped away at the last second.  A couple days later, I was walking back home from a day of work when an SUV traveling about 10 miles per hour just hit my right side.  I was so shocked I didn't even know how to react.  It just kept driving too and I took out its mirror.  I will never complain about Jacobs driving again.  Another great thing that happened to me this week was I sliced my finger pretty good on our fan.  I was just trying to adjust it when it came back to bite me.  Elder Howard, the Elder I was about to go on splits with, thought I lost my finger because of how much blood squirted out.  I feel like I am a walking target, but I am still alive!  

Me and my companion killed the KIs this week!  We got over 80 contacts, 7 new investigators, and many lessons.  My Tagalog is getting better and better, but now my companion is starting to correct me more and more haha.  Sometimes I just say I give up and start taking him down with my biggest English words.  Haha he is fun to mess with.  I am so happy that our work is progressing, but I really wish we could get more help from our members.  Right now it looks like I will not be able to get a baptism in my first area.  It is a little depressing, but I know I will get baptisms eventually.  All I do is continue to invite everyone I know to come unto Christ.  That is all I can do, and in the end I have faith that Heavenly Father will take care of the rest.  

This week while contacting I found one woman who knew about the Plan of Salvation.  Not only that she wanted to know about where more about where she was going after this life do to the fact that she had a stroke.  Talk about a golden investigator!!!  We proceeded to teach the first couple of principles and are planning to go back to see her.  I have some high hopes for her.  You know life throws trials.  That is just life.  Those who are successful are the ones who continue to move on.  I know that at some point, I will find success, but I can't be deterred by some minor set backs.  I will not lie, I am not just cruising in the easy life.  The missionary life is a struggle, especially in an economy like this, but I see this as an opportunity to realize all of what we have in America and to grow stronger mentally, physically, and spiritually.  I may not be the best missionary, but I will never quit, because I am no quitter.  

Alright now on to answering the questions.  My house is small, probably not the cleanest or most sanitary as it is in the Pines.  It used to be pretty infested with spiders and cockroaches, but I killed them all.  Also it has a ton of mosquitos.  I have kept a tally of how many I have killed and it is well into the 3,000s.  If you would like to try and find my house, it is called Rizal Village and is in Santiago.  We don't really have addresses.  From the Rizal Village sign (Dad-like I would know where that is), it is on the left then third street on the right.  It is the last house on the right.  We don't have a lot of clean up projects.  We had one which was interesting to say the least.  We meet in a church building for Sundays.  They are the nicest buildings in the Philippines.  My ward fluctuates between 80 -110 people.  There are two wards in our building, but I think it is about to collapse into one.  It is small but that is why us missionaries are here!  Well I love you guys and I will talk to you again soon.

Love,

Elder Warren
(email sent on 10/26/15)

DISTRICT MEETING TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment