Sunday, October 4, 2015

Mosquito Net and Hot Dogs!

Hello Family!

Well it has already been almost a month and now the time is really starting to fly by!  I remember last Pday feeling like it was yesterday! This week had been great!  I actually have to give a talk this coming Sunday, but it only has to be 5 minutes long so I am set!  We also have 2 investigators we are working with.  One has a big problem with word of wisdom, but he attends church and he told us that he has a strong desire to stop doing drugs and stuff.  I am hoping he can stop, because I really want a baptism.  It is mainly because I have had to attend about 5 different baptismal interviews for the Sisters that work in the other ward in Rizal.  I don't know how they do it, but I am really starting to get jealous of them.  The second investigator is a teenage guy who is pretty cool.  He has a little dog named Chihuahua that loves me.  I kid you not it does so many circles around me that sometimes I accidentally step on it.  It is as fast as lightning for real.  I love it to death though.  The investigator has been making excuses for coming to church, but he thinks I am pretty cool.  I told him that this Sunday we would be at his house early to come to church with him this Sunday.  I guess you could say I can be stubborn when I want action...  

I have gotten into a habit of writing in my journal everyday.  I am proud to say that I have not missed a single day on my mission.  I think I am up to about day 73.  I have also become more proficient  in my personal study  Although it has taken me a little longer than I would have liked.  I am to Moroni in the Book of Mormon.  I will probably have the Book of Mormon finished by next P day and then I can start on either the Bible or finish Our Search for Happiness.  

So to finish off this email I want to say that work is going great.  I honestly love this member in my ward Nanay Febrero "Nanay Mabeauti".  She is soo funny and likes to tell me to fight my companion hahaha.  She even got me a mosquito net!!!  WOOHOO!  Let me tell you, I could not have been more excited to put that on my bed last night.  No more mosquito bites for me.  Also last night I witnessed a pig get killed and cleaned.  Also.... I got to experience my first dog barbecue.  The family just had the dog roasting on the fire like it was a hot dog.  At first my brain didn't comprehend what was going on, but I picked up on it real fast.  Well that is it for me!  

Lots of love,

Elder Warren

Recent Converts Birthday Party

No comments:

Post a Comment