Monday, January 4, 2016

Transfer Week = Lots of Dinner Appoinments

Hello Family!

It was nice to see everyone on Christmas.  I loved talking to all of you guys and the skype actually made me more energetic than sad.  I realized that I am already a fourth of the way done.  If I keep up the hard work I will be home before I know it!  

Anyways I am doing great here as you can see haha.  I did have a little challenge this week as later that evening after we skyped I got the flu.  That was not a very pleasant experience and I definitely hope I don't have to go through that one again!  Anyways I found out that I will in fact be transferred in 2 days!  I have no idea where I will be going or who is going to be my new companion but I will continue to keep you posted next week!  Although I am excited, I will miss my ward because the people there are awesome.  

On the bright side for the next 2 days I will have dinner appointments!!! I have learned a lot from my first area.  What to do and what not to do.  It was incredible to see how much I have improved in Tagalog. At church this Sunday I thought back to those first weeks where I couldn't understand what was being taught in class and now I could interact with the teacher!  The gift of tongues has definitely been made evident through my time here as a missionary.  

Honestly I have realized that we have so much more than these people and sometimes I wish I could just take them all back with me.  I only have to work here for 2 small years and that is part of the reason why I have been so positive.  Another reason I continue to remain happy is because I can actually see that I am becoming a stronger man from this.  I am a pretty stubborn guy and I know I was put here in order to realize that the Lord has work for me to do and I need to rely on him for the strength to make it through this, not just my own strength.  That is one of the most important things that I have learned. 

I hope you know that I am continuing to work hard for you guys and for myself.  I have learned so much here and I am more than grateful for this experience I have been given.  I am becoming more of a man as well as a more effective tool to be used by the Lord!  I don't have too much more to talk about since we talked only a couple of days ago!  I love you all, you all look great and I will be back before you even notice I was gone!


Love,

Elder Warren

Christmas Eve Games with the Kids



More Christmas Eve Games

No comments:

Post a Comment