Friday, July 7, 2017

New Companion and Philippine Commercial

Hello Family and Friends!

Well this week was ok!  I say ok mainly because I think I may have exhausted my body just a little bit and my body may dislike me with a strong passion right now.  On Monday and Tuesday, Elder Panton really want to say goodbye to EVERY member in our branch.  I know it's his first area and he seemed to have gotten close to everyone, so I just went along with him.  But... Maybe that wasn't such a good idea.  I don't think my body is designed to be out in that kind of heat for 12 hours straight for 2 days in a row.  I say that because I got a pretty bad rash all over my body.  I also got the flu which has not been fun.  I have been taking medicine and really washing my body, but I think later I will be going to be checked up by a doctor.  

Anyways, this week I got my new companion... Elder Branzuela!!!!  I love this guy.  For those of you who don't know, we were actually roommates and worked together for 3 cycles back when I was in the office.  Its great to have him as a companion.  We get along very well!  We always keep each other laughing, even when I'm sick haha.  

This week I have been helping him get to know the area and introducing him to all of our members, investigators, and everyone else!  But it was a little hard to do that since I have been pretty sick these past couple of days.  I'm hoping that after this check up I will be able to get back to health and start going back to normal work schedule!  

Here in the Philippines they have what is called Holy week for Easter, so this past week almost no one has been home.  Everyone goes to parades in the city and parties, which makes it hard for us to be able to teach our investigators, but we were still able to find ways.  Actually, Easter here can get dangerous in some cities because some people get pretty crazy, but we had no problem here.  

Actually, our church put out a commercial here in the Philippines about Christ for Easter.  We were in a members home and they were cooking us food when we saw the commercial and Elder Branzuela and I started screaming!  Haha the members didn't really know what was going on because they didn't see the commercial so then we had to explain it to them haha.  I think I may have scared Nanay pretty badly hahaha.  

Also this week I had the opportunity do a baptismal interview for an investigator in the Sister's area and I am happy to report that the young man passed!  He had a wonderful testimony and is definitely ready to become a member and take upon himself the name of our Savior!  I was happy just to play a small part in helping him come closer unto our Lord. 

Well I don't have too much more to say besides that.  Most of the rest of this week I have spent trying to recover because this rash is pretty bad, but I think it is about to get better!  

Well I love you all and will talk to all of you again next week!

Love,

Elder Warren

Here's some pics of my district and the area. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment