Friday, July 7, 2017

Zone Conference Week and Being Humble

Hello Family and Friends!

This week also went by pretty fast for me!  We had a lot of stuff going on this week. On Wednesday we had a great Zone Conference on beware of pride.  I felt like it was a very fitting conference and I learned a lot from it.  It helped me to really see how we need to make sure that everything we do, we do for Our Heavenly Father, and that we don't do it just for ourselves.  Even we as missionaries can sometimes let our own personal ambitions and goals take precedent over the will that our Heavenly Father has for us and that is just not good.  

As a missionary, I really need to align my will with my Heavenly Father's and do everything that HE wants me to do.  Not what I want me to do.  Thinking like that has really helped me through out my mission.  When I didn't get baptisms or obtain callings, I always kept in mind that this was what my Heavenly Father wanted for me.  This is what will help me most align my will with His and forget about myself.  That is the key, we have to forget the I and only know the You.  

Everything we do as missionaries, members, and people should be to help progress the salvation of our Heavenly Father's children.  By doing so, we can NEVER go wrong with what we do.  

Work was good this week.  We are starting to focus on some Less Actives right now.  This Branch really needs some Priesthood Holders here to help the Branch run more smoothly and more efficiently.  I try to make sure to emphasize to men how important and sacred the calling of being the presiding Priesthood holder in a house is.  That is one of the most special callings a Brother can have in our Church.  He holds keys that no one else can hold that allow him to be a resource and great blessing to his family, if he remains worthy to use such Priesthood authority.  

I also make sure to teach the importance of Humbling ourselves and forgiving others of their mistakes.  No one is perfect.  Not even us missionaries are perfect.  And as such, we really need to be forgiving and forget the wrong and offensive things that members can do occasionally.  I know that as we do so, we WILL be blessed, and that burden of anger can be released from us.  May we always forgive those who have done something to hurt us.  

Well the rest of my week was very hot and filled with a couple things of ice cream so that I didn't overtheat!  Haha I love you all and will talk to all of you again soon!  Thanks for all of the love and support that you give me!!!!

Love,

Elder Zach Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment